My name is Víctor R. Ruiz and I was born on 1975 in Gran Canaria (Canary Islands). I'm a IT consultant (especialized on social media and open source). I've worked as software engineer at Six Apart Europe (2007-2004), did tech support and translation to Spanish of TypePad, Movable Type and Vox.
- linotipo.es, take a look to my services.
- I'm Editor of Barrapunto, the Spanish Slashdot site.
- Blogging in the Wind, English blog.
- Linotipo, Spanish. About blogs, social networks and technology.
- Cuaderno de Bitácora, Spanish. Astronomy, Science.
- Infoastro.com, astronomy news.
- Mi Barrapunto, Spanish. Open source stuff.
Open source projects
- Blogalia. First Spanish blog service (2002).
- Blogometro, an open source implementation of Blogdex or Daypop-like sites, which tracked the activity of the Spanish blogosphere.
- JiBot, a social IRC bot (Python). Profiled in Clay Shriky's book Here comes everybody.
astronomy, blogs, linux, science communication, open source, python